Ruth Anne's Blog

Personal blog and Travel Diary

Jul 15, 2008

Jane in July

This July is the month of Jane, Jane Austen. The last time I actually read a Jane Austen novel must have been when I was in college. I think I read Pride and Prejudice twice and I must have read Sense and Sensibility because I remember that one of the main characters fell down in the rain and almost twisted her ankle only to be rescued by a tall dark and handsome. I also remember that there was a Colonel. Anyway, this month I saw the movie Becoming Jane with Anne Hathaway with my friend and then bought a leather bound compilation of her works from the bookstore. Since I didn't want to buy the hard bound volume without actually reading it I decided I should at least read the first novel which happened to be Sense and Sensibility. I was completely captivated while reading it and was surprised to find that I was completely engrossed in it. I think that her character development is ingenious and I found the family drama between the characters to be very relevant and in many aspects universal. The book addresses things like ambition, jealousy, all those human emotions and desires that enter into our lives and affect our decisions and how we treat other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home