Ruth Anne's Blog

Personal blog and Travel Diary

Oct 12, 2009

Returning Home

Well I finally had my first worthy travel adventure. After I spent the day walking around Firenze, I returned to the Hostel and tried to get some cash from the ATM. My bank card was not accepted. Luckily the Hostel had wireless and I was traveling with my laptop so I was able to contact the bank on the online chat. As usual the attendant was of no help but at least he gave me a number to call. The front desk was kind enough to allow me to make a long distance call to the US. The bank told me that my card had been "compromised" and that they had canceled my debit card. This put me in a small predicament because I needed cash to buy my bus ticket to the airport. Luckily my credit card worked so when I woke up in the morning I was able to get cash from a money exchange rate, probably at too high a cost. Anyhow, I am just enjoying the morning and will leave now for the airport. I'm so glad for wireless and laptops. It was an unanticipated event and I'm a little upset with my bank for cancelling the card while I am out of the country! I didn't sleep so well last night because I had spent most of the time scheming on the best way to handle the situation. Luckily my plans worked out. Can't wait to come home! Florence is a beautiful mess. I like the city but it is so overcrowded even in October. The locals still drive their cars through the city so it can be a little stressful and the smog from the cars burns the nose and eyes. Its definately not like the clean air in the Tuscan countryside! That was so lovely.

3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home